I was born and raised in Albania. When I was 18, while I was earning a degree in teaching, I had the pleasure of starting to work for humanitarian organizations during the Kosovo war, including Swiss Disaster Relief, the Federal Agency for Technical Relief, German Caritas, and the Spanish Red Cross. During this time, I understood what it means to work with passion and purpose and to be able to help people.
I moved to the USA 17 years ago and have been working in the medical field as a Sonographer in hospital and clinical settings in NYC for 15 years. During this time, I have seen the devastating health conditions that we have in our country and how chronic diseases are often the result of lifestyle choices. After confirming with many studies, I become very passionate about plant-based diet and lifestyle and the results that have in our quality of life and longevity.
I became especially interested in the power of nutrition after reading “The China Study” by T. Colin Campbell, Ph.D., and his son Thomas M. Campbell, MD. The book and my studies, set me on a course to understand the influence of diet on health and share what I learned with others.
As part of my pursuit to share best practices for achieving holistic health as a health and life coach, I completed:
• Robbins-Madanes Life Coach Training program
• Certified Instructor for the award-winning “Food for Life” program of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
• Integrative Nutrition Health Coach through the Institute of Integrative Nutrition
• Starch Solution from Dr. McDougall’s Health and Medical Center
• Plant-Based Nutrition from the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies
• I completed Main Street Vegan Academy
• Forks Over Knives Ultimate Cooking Course at Rouxbe.
• I am currently working toward becoming a Nutrition Educator through the Wellness Forum Institute.
I am passionate about my job again, but this time it is about promoting a plant-based diet and lifestyle while inspiring people to transform their health. I derive great joy in seeing my clients implement the changes and elevate their health and wellness to the next level. I speak on the power of food and lifestyle to reduce the risk of disease and improve overall health.
I am a founder of “Be So Alive,” where we help our clients enhance their wellness and enrich their life.
In my spare time, I enjoy traveling with my family, reading, and making a difference in our eating and living styles.